Yalumba Wines Limited (Yalumba) believes the
responsible collection and use of personal information is fundamental to
developing a business based on enduring relationships with its customers,
suppliers, owners and staff. "Personal information" is defined as
information or an opinion through which an individual's identity is apparent or
can be reasonably ascertained.
Yalumba is bound by the National Privacy
Principles in the Privacy Amendment (Private Sector) Act 2000. Yalumba is
committed to respecting the individual's right to privacy and has developed
honest, transparent protocols to ensure personal information is handled
COLLECTING YOUR PERSONAL
* Information is only collected if it is required
for one or more of Yalumba functions.
* It is collected by fair and lawful means and
not in an intrusive way.
* Yalumba prefers to collect information
directly from the individual.
* Yalumba will take reasonable steps to inform
the individual that the collection has occurred, why the collection occurred
and how the information may be accessed.
* By joining our mailing list (Futures
Membership) you are giving your consent to be contacted by us for an indefinite
period. You may of course opt out from our wine club at anytime by simply
calling or emailing us.
USE AND DISCLOSURE
PERSONAL INFORMATION IS NEVER
SOLD TO OTHER PARTIES.
To meet the individual's specific needs Yalumba
may disclose the personal information to the organisations which:-
* provide/manage/administer a service or product
such as the share registry, printers and mail out house
* are involved in the payments system including
financial institutions, credit card providers and payment organisations
* are involved in the maintaining, reviewing and
developing Yalumba's business systems including testing or upgrading our
provide legal or accounting advice
* require or are authorised by law to access the
MARKETING Yalumba WINES
* Over the years Yalumba has collected
information for the development of direct mailing lists to let consumers know
about the availability of Yalumba for sale. This may be done after an initial
contact and we assume we have the individual's consent to use service providers
to assist us with this unless Yalumba is told otherwise.
* Wine offers are made direct to owners through
the use of the shareholder list.
* From December 2001 onwards each direct
marketing communication will prominently display a notice whereby the recipient
can elect to opt out of receiving any further direct marketing communications.
* Website visitors email addresses are only
recorded if the user chooses to leave a message.
* An email address will only be used for the
purpose for which it was provided.
* Individuals who have chosen to join an email
list may opt out simply by advising Yalumba that the address is to be removed
from the mailing list.
Yalumba does not collect any personal
information about an individual when the website is visited unless the user
chooses to provide such information. The information received depends upon what
the user does when visiting the site.
Site Visit Data - the following is recorded and
collected for statistical purposes:-
* The server address of the visitor
* The name of the top-level domain from which the
internet was accessed
* The date and time of the visit to the website
* The pages accessed and documents downloaded
The recording of such information enables us to
identify the areas of the site that are most popular and to tailor the site
Links - the website contains links to other
sites. Yalumba is not responsible for the content and privacy practices of
other web sites.
KEEPING PERSONAL INFORMATION
ACCURATE AND UP-TO-DATE
Yalumba will take all reasonable steps to make
sure personal information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete and
If an individual believes the personal
information is not accurate, complete or up-to-date please contact the Company.
Yalumba protects against misuse; loss;
unauthorised access, modification or disclosure of personal information by:
* Requiring all employees to observe
* Controlling access to the premises and paper
* Adopting measures to secure the computer
network used for storing, processing and transmitting personal information
* Protecting communications via data transmission
from interception eg email and unauthorised access to the computer network.
Personal information is retained only for as long
as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which information was collected or as
required by law. Once used for the intended purpose paper documents containing
personal information are shredded.
the company's website or on request from the Company.
ACCESS AND CORRECTION
* An individual may gain access to personal
information provided the request for access is not frivolous, vexatious,
unlawful, or prejudicial to negotiations between Yalumba & the
* Yalumba endeavours to provide access within
10 business days of the written request. Yalumba will verify the identity of
the individual seeking access prior to the information being provided. If it is
a complex issue Yalumba will advise the individual accordingly but will use
all reasonable endeavours to provide access within 20 business days of the
* If access is denied then written reasons will
be provided as to why access was denied.
In certain circumstances we are required to
collect government identity numbers eg tax file numbers. Yalumba does not use
these numbers to identify individuals for its own purposes.
Yalumba does not require individuals to provide
personal information unless the information is required to do business.
TRANSBORDER DATA TRANSFERS
* Yalumba operates a subsidiary company which
is subject to similar privacy law enacted in the UK. Personal information may
be transferred between the companies for business purposes.
* Yalumba has a number of shareholders who are located
outside Australia. It may be necessary to transfer information for the
performance of a contract between Yalumba and the individual.
Yalumba does not collect "sensitive
information" about an individual. Sensitive information means information
or an opinion about an individual's:
* Racial or ethnic origin; or
* Political opinions; or
* Membership of a political association; or
* Religious beliefs or affiliations; or
* Philosophical beliefs; or
* Membership of a professional or trade
* Membership of a trade union; or
* Sexual preferences or practices; or
* Criminal record
* Health status
RESOLVING PRIVACY ISSUES
Individuals who have an issue which they wish to
raise with the Company may do so by contacting the Company Secretary:
Tel: +61 8 8561 3200
Fax: +61 8 8561 3393
Post: PO Box 10, Angaston SA 5353, Australia
If the individual is not satisfied with the
responses provided by Yalumba the matter may be taken to the Privacy
Commissioner who will investigate the matter. More information may be obtained
from the Commissioner's website at www.privacy.gov.au